www.Sarcasmnation.com has adopted the below mentioned policy towards copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyrights Act.
DMCA Copyright Infringement Policy
How To Report a Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that your intellectual property is violated in any way, the following things need to be submitted to the Company:
- 1. A physical/electronic signature of the authorized person acting on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is possibly infringed;
- 2. Identification of – a) the works or materials being infringed; b) The specific location of the infringed material on Sarcasm Nation’s website that the copyright owner wants to be removed with sufficient details;
- 3. Full contact details of the notifier (Address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- 4. A statement from the notifier specifying that the copyright owner/agent/law has not authorized the material;
- 5. A statement that the information provided is accurate and the notifier is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
The Company policy once the Infringement Notification is Received:
It is Company’s policy to do the following:
- 1. Remove/disable access to the infringing material;
- 2. Notify the content provider that the material has removed/disabled; and
- 3. Notify that company will terminate the content provider’s access to the service if it is a repeat offence.
The procedure to provide a Counter-Notice to the Notifier:
- 1. A physical/electronic signature of the content provider, member or user;
- 2. Identification of the material that was removed/disabled and the location where the material appeared before it was removed/disabled;
- 3. A statement that the content provider that the material was removed/disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- 4. Contact details of the content provider (Address, telephone number and e-mail address) and a statement that he consents to the jurisdiction of the Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s address is located and that such person will accept service of process from the notifier who provided notification of the said infringement.
If the notifier receives a counter-notice, the Company may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that it can replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Company’s discretion.